This Lodgeur listing is a one-bedroom, one-bathroom 610 SF apartment. It is located on the 24th floor of Houston House, a renovated 1966 high-rise apartment building with a unique history. Houston House has hosted Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, the King of Spain and Elvis Presley. Today, Lodgeur’s Houston House apartments are decorated in a comfortable midcentury style, consistent with the building’s history and character. Guests love the panoramic city views of this location and the convenience of living in downtown Houston. With a Transit Score of 99 and a Walk Score of 83, guests are within walking distance of the George R. Brown Convention Center, the Toyota Center, Minute Maid Park and many offices.
PLEASE READ THE FULL LISTING DESCRIPTION, AS IT MAY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION IMPACTING YOUR STAY.
THE PUBLIC AMENITIES LISTED BELOW ARE SUBJECT TO CLOSURE AS A RESULT OF COVID-19 MEASURES.
Guests will have access to the following amenities:
* Free parking in the secure residents' parking garage.
* 24-hour fitness center with strength and cardio conditioning equipment
* 9th floor rooftop heated outdoor swimming pool with sun terrace and loungers
* Grilling stations and a fire pit with panoramic skyline views of Houston
* Open-air custom game veranda, including ping pong and foosball tables
* 24-hour business lounge with a printer, Wi-Fi and a conference room you can reserve
* Indoor pool table and regulation-sized basketball court
* Movie room with theater seating
* Laundry facility (additional charge)
Each Lodgeur listing includes:
* A comfortable king-size bed, bedding and multiple pillows
* Toiletries from MALIN+GOETZ, plush bath and pool towels, a hairdryer and hair straightener / flat iron
* A well-lit desk and fast internet
* Smart TVs to stream from your favorite provider or watch local channels (note: we do not provide cable TV)
* Fully-equipped kitchens: coffee maker, kettle, toaster, blender, pots and pans and bakeware
* Appliances: stove, oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher and microwave
As a host, Lodgeur offers the quality and consistency of a boutique hotel:
Lodgeur is for travelers who want to stay in a beautiful property. A place that feels like a home-away-from-home. Whether it's for a few nights or a few hundred. Blending the style and standards of a boutique hotel with the spaciousness of an apartment.
Our guests want beautifully-designed homes. But without invasive and amateur hosts. The comfort and consistency of a hotel. But without the hassle of a check-in desk and drab decor. A space to work, cook, and relax. A pool and gym in each building. A curated local guide.
We select properties in the best areas in each city. Close to your office, attractions and places to eat and drink. Our interior designers craft the decor of each property one-by-one. The result is a place that feels like a home-away-from-home.
Things to note that may impact your accommodation choice:
1. Most of our guests love that this apartment building is in the hustle and bustle of Houston’s downtown. Given the high-rise nature of the building you might notice some traffic noises and the occasional siren. We understand some guests may prefer a quieter experience in suburban neighborhoods. If in any doubt, please reach out to us.
2. There’s no washer or dryer in this apartment, but there is a communal laundry facility on the 9th floor. And for longer stays, laundry pick-up can be arranged through our partners.
3. The owners of the Houston House building have informed us of a project to renovate the exterior of the building from December 2019 through May 2020. Houston House has been a fixture of the Downtown Houston skyline since the mid 1960s, and as with all historic buildings, renovations are occasionally necessary. The good news is that the exterior work will not obstruct the views of Downtown, although residents and guests will lose access to the balcony during part of the project (these will be locked). And for a period of approximately one-week, workers will be present on the balcony to replace the railings and perform any needed concrete repairs on each apartment (they will not require access to the apartment itself). Finally the exterior will be repainted.
There are 400 apartments in the building, and given the size of the project and potential for delays (e.g. from inclement weather, etc…), we will not have information from management on when a specific apartment will have workers on the balcony. Please assume, however, that the balcony will be closed off for 2-3 months per the phase dates below.
Work will only be carried out between the hours of 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday, excluding holidays. During these hours, work may be audible and at times be loud.
These are the project’s anticipated timelines (note - these phases could either happen earlier or latter, depending on progress):
- Phase 1 (has started, anticipated finish in late June) - all units ending in 01, 02, 03 & 04
- Phase 2 (anticipated start March 23rd with completion in late August to mid-September) - all units ending in 05, 07, 09, 11, 13 & 15
- Phase 3 (anticipated start June 1st with completion in late October- mid-November) - all units ending in 17, 18, 19 & 20
This apartment is in Phase 1.
We have multiple apartments in the building, so please let us know if you would prefer to book one that will not be impacted during your stay. During the project, prices have been reduced during each phase for affected listings. No further discounts or refunds will be granted.
This Lodgeur apartment is located in Houston’s downtown, and within walking distance of offices, shops, restaurants, bars and attractions. Houston is the fourth largest city in the US and one of the most diverse, with more than 145 languages spoken in the city! Known as Space City, it’s the home of NASA and the energy industry, and the Texas Medical Center. And of course the Rockets, Texans, Astros and Dynamo sports teams.
ヒューストン, テキサス州, アメリカ