It was “Maison Madeleny” 130 years ago!
When we set off in 2013, our dream was to provide our hotel guests with the opportunity to live and breath the essence and history of Galata in a single street.
1891 records show the owner of our main building (Şahkulu Street, No. 20) as Mr. Andre Madeleny, who had a pharmacy, that also sold orthopaedic materials, at Grande Rue de Pera. This is why we name the main building after “Maison Madeleny,” today.