Spiridonov House a former residence of the
Moscow State Councillor. It was designed in 1895 by one of the
outstanding architects of his time Semen Eibushitz who was born in
Austria in 1851.
Eibushitz planned the building specifically for the State Councillor
Spiridonov who was reknowned for his refined taste and passion for
Western art and architecture. After the Soviet Revolution of 1917 the
mansion housed one of the first kindergardens in Moscow patroned by
Lenin's wife - Nadezhda Kruspaskya.