"The Edge" at Nethercliffe is a self-standing studio cottage, complete with a cozy king-size bed and kitchenette. It has all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay, and is located just minutes from the beautiful John Smith's Bay beach!
In addition to the cozy king-size bed, it has a private entrance, central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fan, wireless internet, cable TV, hairdryer, fresh linens (including beach towels), beach umbrella and a small beach cooler.
The kitchenette is well-equipped with under the counter fridge (with a small freezer), stove/oven, microwave, kettle, coffeemaker and toaster, and all cutlery, tableware and cooking utensils are also supplied.
The open ceiling concept of this studio cottage gives visitors an opportunity to see Bermuda's unique way of building its signature white roof.
The size of the studio is 200 square feet.
A gas BBQ grill is available for private use outdoors. BBQ tools are supplied.
All you need to supply is food and toiletries!
Our family lives next door at the property, and we are there to greet you upon arrival, and are available to answer any questions throughout your visit. We want to help make your stay a memorable one!
The mode of transportation from the airport to our cottage is via taxi. Taxis are readily available at the airport, and the ride to our address should cost approx. US$25 - $35.
Let "The Edge" guest cottage be your Bermuda home away from home!
Winter Rate = $95/night (Oct. 1 - Apr. 30)
Summer Rate = $125/night (May 1 - Sept. 30)
We hope you enjoy your stay, and would appreciate you respecting the following House Rules:
1. No smoking inside the cottage at any time.
2. Please conserve water. On our island, each house collects its own water, which can become in short supply during the hot summer months. Please be sure to turn off taps when not in use.
3. Our electricity costs on the island are very high. In order to keep our rental fee down, please conserve energy whenever possible. Please turn off lights, TV and the air conditioner when you go out... it will only take a short time to cool the cottage upon your return.
4. Do not take the bathroom towels to the beach. Please use the beach towels provided.
5. The cottage is a self-sufficient unit (no housekeeping service during your stay). Please treat it just as you would if it belonged to a cherished friend. The property is to be left clean and tidy upon departure, with dishes washed and put away, and garbage neatly bundled and taken to the exterior can.
6. Please do not let the pets inside the cottage, as future guests may be allergic.
7. Call on us for ANY assistance you may require during your stay.
8. Enjoy your Bermuda vacation!!
I moved to Bermuda in 1999 from Nova Scotia, Canada, and I still remember clearly my first impressions of the island - the brilliant blue waters, the green of the trees, the pretty pink sand, the colourful houses... the all-around beauty of the island! My wife, Robin, was born and raised here on the island - she grew up knowing all of the ins-and-outs of life in Bermuda - summers spent snorkeling and diving, climbing trees to pick and eat loquats, falling asleep to the lullaby of tree frogs, riding mopeds down winding Bermuda roadways, greeting every passerby with a "Good Morning" or "Good Afternoon" and a smile... all things typically Bermudian! We have enjoyed sharing this special charm and knowledge of Bermuda with visitors to our cottage.