Adorable, practical, and private. Located on the back of a 2.5 acre parcel with owners just close enough if you need anything. Open floor plan has a large room that serves as a bedroom (1 queen, 1 queen futon), living and dining room, and a full kitchen and bathroom, and a washer/dryer. Outdoor living space, kid and pet friendly. Offers beach equipment with rental.
Parking area, outdoor area including a grill and picnic table, the cottage and room for a pup to walk.
We are here to help with any issues, directions, or recommendations. If we are not home, we are a phone call/text away.
Sheets, towels, beach towels, and basic essentials (trash bags, homemade laundry detergent, toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies, etc.) are provided. Beach gear is limited, but available for use upon request. We offer a picnic table and grill. We try to make this a clean, affordable, pet-friendly vacation for you! Please note - we offer a Smart TV and a DVD Player, but no cable.
- Quiet hours from 10pm - 6 am weekdays, 11 pm-6 am weekends
- Adult, trained dogs welcome. Owners responsible for picking up after pets. Bring your own kennel.
- No smoking inside or near cottage. A designated smoking area is outside with a butt receptacle.
- Clean according to checklist prior to checkout. Supplies provided. Or notify prior if you want cleaning services provided for $50. Cleaning checklist provided below.
- Grill must be used away from cottage.
- Rinse/brush off sand outside. (People, towels, equipment)
- Please report any issues with house, furnishings or equipment. I can't fix them if I don't know about them. And we want you to have a great vacation!
- A Smart TV and DVD/BluRay player are provided along with wireless internet. Feel free to bring your own DVD's, Amazon Fire Stick, Hulu, PS, etc. to attach.
(You may clean yourself, or I will clean for $50 out of your deposit - your choice! Please let me know in advance if you want me to clean, so I can have it ready for the next folks!)
Clean kitchen - clean fridge, microwave, oven, stovetop, dishes, counters, sink, floor.
Clean bathroom - toilet, sink, shower, countertop, floor, mirror.
Wash sheets and towels and fold, and place on bed. (Do not make the bed.)
Wipe down all counters, tables and mirrors.
Sweep floors. Mop if needed. (Cleaning wash clothes are used with the Swiffer and can be washed. They are located under the kitchen sink.)
Make the house look like somewhere you’d be happy vacationing.
If any furniture was moved, replace to original positions (futon up, etc.)
If you would like to leave food/condiments in the refrigerator (not leftovers), or household items, I’d rather see things used than thrown away!
Take trash and recycling to the cans by the main house. Hosts will take to the road on trash day.
If you allowed your pet on the futon, please wash the gray cover
Outside - dump charcoal if you grilled (designated pit out back), pick up pet poo (scooper provided, fling into woods), cigarette butts in designated receptacle.
*Guests have commented that the washer takes a while. Start the sheets first!
I am a self-employed wife and mother of 3. Our children are 8, 5, and 1.5. Our family has a Westie named Ditch (kids chose!) who is sweet as can be, a Manx cat you will never see, and a flock of super-friendly laying hens. We have a busy life, full of joy, and are thankful. When our children are grown, my husband and I plan to cruise around the world and RV around the USA. Until then, it's homeschooling, work, and weekend trips with this crew!
I was born and raised in Manteo, and know a lot of the "best kept secrets" of the Outer Banks. I'm happy to help taylor your visit by answering questions, giving directions or suggestions. Just ask!