This one bedroom apt offers you spacious comfort, lots of sunshine and your own private view of the Washington monument from the living room. The space has a fully equipped kitchen with a breakfast room and a separate dining room. It has a den which serves as an home office space. There is also a spacious balcony that overlooks the pool and gives pleasant, unobstructed views to the city's monument. The apartment is located 7minutes from Old Town Alexandria and about 8 minutes from downtown DC.
The apartment is roomy yet, intimate. The living room offers the relaxation with an open view of Washington monument. The direct view and light is tempered by the ability to withdraw into the dining room to sit and read or meditate away from the openness of the living room space. The bedroom is its own den, so to speak as it is away from the active spaces and offers true comfort and retirement or just a simple retreat to the large sofa or bed to read or think.
In addition to the bedroom, the apartment has a den which I use as my office space. If a guest requires use of this space for an extra guest, it is available as an added charge.
There is a gym on the roof, where a roof deck is also located with fantastic and sprawling views of the city. There is also a pool for use as well.
I only make myself available if you need anything or assistance of sorts. I will meet you when you arrive to welcome you and hand off the keys but will leave you to enjoy the space for the duration of your visit.
If you are making a booking for a week or more, there will be a utility charge. If you spend a week, there will be an additional charge of $55.00 and for a month: $160.
In addition, free parking is available on the street, Park Center Drive, from the intersection of Ford Avenue and Park Center up the beginning of the circle where the sign BLVD 2801 can be seen. Street Parking can be competitive on the weekend nights so it makes sense to have a parking pass which gives access to resident parking spaces. Each pass, 8pm to 8am each day costs $5 per night. You may request a visitor's pass prior to your visit so that I can arrange for you to have it upon your arrival.
I have very simple expectations of you. If you feel you cannot respect these rules, you should not make a reservation:
1. Treat the space as if it is your own.
2. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should there be any parties in the apartment or groups of people staying over or sleeping on the couch. If for some reason, you wish to have extra guests, I MUST BE NOTIFIED prior to your arrival.
3. NO SMOKING IN THE APARTMENT OR ON THE BALCONY.
4.If I give you permission to use my office space, do not interfere with my books or any object present.
5. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE INTERFERE WITH THE FURNITURE IN THE bedroom, use or take any items from my personal space that is not yours. THERE IS SPACE IN THE CLOSET FOR YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINGS. IF YOU NEED MORE SPACE, LET ME KNOW.
6. Under no circumstances should there be any FOOD OR EATING in the bedroom.
7. No outdoor shoes is allowed in the bedroom.
8. Please do not leave the apt a mess or in a state of disarray. This includes no
dirty dishes or food in the kitchen sink.
9. Leave all dirty laundry (sheets, towels etc) in the washer or on the floor in front of the washing machine. You may strip the bed if you wish. I'll provide a container/bag for all recycling.
10. Do not place recycling material (glass/plastic bottles etc) in the garbage bin. If the garbage is full, dispose of the bag across the hallway down the chute. If you wish, you may place recycling materials in the container present in that same room.
11. Leave the key on the side table next to the couch and pull the door shut behind you. Please indicate via text when you have departed.
12. If you wish to stay beyond 11 AM on the day of your departure, please let me know so I can accommodate your needs.
Thank you and enjoy!