Max’s booking was for the night before, but they had made a mistake by not taking into account the time changes. When they called me from the airport I was at work. Due to the building being shared with a gated restaurant the staff has access to the main door of the building, they asked Max, if they needed access but they responded that they where waiting for somebody. So the staff left, leaving them continue waiting outside. I tried my best to get there but due to the RAF parade had made all centre of London delayed with traffic and Green Park station was temporarily closed by overcrowding I had to wait to be able to get there by the time I managed to get into the underground and to them they had already called Airbnb requesting a cancellation. When I left the underground at Stockwell Airbnb called me and I explained the situation, they asked me if I agree with them cancelling and I said yes.
My reasoning is, if they had initially made a mistake themselves, and I understood that and I tried to fix it and am communicating along what is happening, why the delays and they cannot wait and complained to Airbnb then perhaps better if they cancelled.
Secondly perhaps I was right in accepting the cancellation because when I reviewed Max I took into account their tiredness and jet lag, I apologised for any misunderstanding and gave him a 3 star as I could not judge them in cleaning, as they had not stayed with me in spite of paying one night, nor did I tried to say anything out of malice about them as they were a nice young couple, and the situation could not be helped. I hope the other reviews speak for themselves.