Conveniently located a stone's throw from the Island's village & Seattle ferry, this 200sq ft architecturally-designed, eco-friendly backyard guesthouse is the perfect getaway. Ride into town on the bikes, enjoy the hot tub, garden patio and chickens on the grounds.
This is a 200 sq ft guesthouse sharing the property with our main house. It has it's own bathroom and shower, and mini kitchen - a coffee maker with complementary local coffee and tea selection.
You'll find a delightful patio garden with a fire pit and grill, hot tub, vegetable garden out front and chickens, too!
It has it's own bathroom and shower. Like the unit the hot water heater is small so short showers (6 mins) are recommended (unless you like them cold). If you like long showers this is probably not the place for you. If the water begins to lose heat, it only takes about 30min to recharge.
A mini-fridge, microwave and electric tea kettle complete the mini kitchen.
The studio is flooded with natural light and a full suite of blinds on lower windows provides complete privacy.
We also have a single camping cot available upon request for additional guests beyond 2. Linens provided. Just keep in mind that the space gets pretty tight when it is in there.
You will have full and private access to the guesthouse and can use our "mature" bicycles to get to town and back.
You are welcome to share the hot tub and outdoor spaces with us. We (and our two kids) live on the property. At times there may also be guests in the main house who will be sharing the outdoor amenities.
We do also offer the main house on the property as a rental that may be in use during your stay. It is a completely separate building and should cause little to no inconvenience for you. Find more details about that rental here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/9515539
We allow self-checkin, but do like to meet our guests. We are usually here on the property and are more than happy to help with any questions or concerns. We have lots of local knowledge and would be delighted to give you pointers on activities and places to eat.
COME SAIL WITH US!
We operate a sailing charter business aboard our 44ft classic sailing yacht, and we'd love to get you out on the water. We offer a range of options from a 3-hour sail to overnight adventures. Be sure to ask us about sailing and visit SailBainbridge (usual suffix) for more info.
A FLOATING STAY:
If you're ever looking for a floating getaway, we also offer overnight stays as an add-on to our sailing packages. It's a magical stay on the water that you will not soon forget! See aibnb listing https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/9434420
1. Please no smoking in the home or on the property.
2. Please be respectful of noise levels, especially outside, and especially between the hours of 10pm and 8am. We live in a quiet neighborhood and have good relationships with all our neighbors. We'd love to keep it that way! :)
3. Sorry to be the party pooper but no parties or events unless discussed with us in advance.
4. Absolutely no guns or illegal drugs on the property.
5. While we love animals in general, we can't allow yours on our property. Thanks for understanding.
6. Use the hot tub, trampoline, grounds and bicycles at your own risk. We have a waiver you will need to sign before using the trampoline so please let us know in advance if you plan to use it.
7. Enjoy the hot tub, but please no “funny business”! It clogs the filters and makes the tub unusable for other guests. We will deduct the cost to clean and refill the tub from your damage deposit if we find this has happened.
8. Please don't venture behind the guesthouse, down to the shed, or behind. There stone stairs are unstable and this is our private storage. Thank you.
9. Only park cars along our fence line. Do NOT park vehicles anywhere east of our driveway (the neighbors are particular about one thing in the world, and it's the parking in that section)
10. Please lock the guesthouse when you are not present, and at night (we live in a very safe area, but for insurance reasons we are obligated to have practical security measures, thank you)