Large, bright artistic loft with a private bath & entrance (private), attached to a classic Spanish-style home.
Approx. 850 square feet, with 2 nooks & 13 feet ceilings - comparable to an average one bedroom apt. in SF.
Tastefully decorated with Persian carpets, artwork & library.
PRIME LOCATION. UNIQUE FEATURES. GREAT VALUE.
Located in Noe Valley, a popular neighborhood in the heart of the city.
Close to 24th Street (Noe Valley) and Castro Street (Castro).
Ideal for 2 guests.
Bright, spacious, beautiful loft (separate) with a private bath and entrance in Upper Noe Valley, one of San Francisco's nicest residential neighborhoods.
Open floor plan. Unique features. High ceilings. Warm colors.
Tastefully decorated with Persian carpets, art-work and a private library.
Ideal for 2 people, but easily accommodates an additional person if needed.
We welcome ALL visitors, including business travelers.
- Large modern loft situated at street level (separate) attached to older house.
- Private entrance
- Private bath
- Open floor plan
- Staircase leads up to 2 small nooks at the mezzanine level
- Roku TV: Please note Roku TV works differently from regular TV.
You will have access to several channels, such as Netflix, but you may not get all the regular TV channels.
- Kitchen area with appliances (refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee-maker/tea-kettle), a sink, a small table with chairs for dining. No stove.
- An ironing board plus iron
- 1 Queen bed
- 1 Queen sofa-bed
- 1 Floor mattress
- Living area with sofa and chairs
- Enjoy our private library and board games during your stay :)
I make guests feel welcome, but also respect their privacy.
I stay in touch via Airbnb during your stay.
Guests can text me between 10 am - 9 pm, if it is urgent.
For emergencies, please call 911 and contact me immediately.
The loft is perfect for ALL travelers, including Business Travelers. If you are leasing the loft for another guest, please provide their information in advance. Thank you.
No day-time visitors without prior approval from the host. Thank you.
Please note, as with many older San Francisco homes, some sound can travel through the wooden floors so we try to maintain 'Quiet Hours' from 10:30 pm - 7:30 am. This includes speaking softly and turning down the volume of music/television/internet. Please be mindful of the people in the unit above. Thank you.
We live in an exceptionally large old house, and it's challenging to regulate the heat in all the spaces. There is no separate thermostat in the loft, but you will find space heaters, as well as additional blankets and comforters in the wooden chest. It's best to set the Pelonis heater on a timer and leave it running for 2 - 8 hours.
We have Roku TV which has a variety of channels to choose from, including Netflix. Please note that Roku TV functions quite differently from a regular TV.
Check-in & Check-out:
Check-in is 4 pm onward (flexible). Check-out is at 11 am, unless otherwise arranged. Our cleaning service typically arrives by 11:30 am.
If we have any flexibility with check-in or check-out times, we will keep you posted.
Though we do our very best to accommodate our guest's needs, it's not always possible to store luggage because our hectic schedule, especially during the busier months of the year! Thank you for understanding.
Here are a few luggage storage suggestions:
- Chancellor Hotel on Union Square (Downtown SF) You can leave your bags for no charge, but please tip the bellman.
- California Welcome Center at Pier 39 (Fisherman's Wharf) has a luggage storage facility till 6:30 pm. It's $5 a bag.
- SFO (the airport) has a place called Airport Travel Agency which can store bags till 11 pm. It's $15-35 a bag.
Though ours is historically a safe neighborhood, we strongly recommend you do not leave any visible items in your car as car break-ins can occur anywhere in the city.
Please note San Francisco weather is extremely variable! Be prepared for sun, fog and rain in the winter. Noe Valley is, for the most part, outside of the fog belt.
Registration Number: STR-0000989
Thank you for taking care of our home!
If you are new to the Airbnb community, please be aware that this is a home not a hotel.
We appreciate considerate behavior and straightforward communication.
Please share a little about your selves, including your area of work, the purpose of your visit, and full names of all guests. If you are leasing the loft for someone else, please let us know their information in advance. Thank you.
NO parties or events, please respect the home we live in.
Please Note: If you are looking for a party pad, this is NOT the right place. San Francisco has a noise ordinance after 10 pm in residential areas such as these, and they are enforced.
Absolutely NO overnight guests. Thank you.
Please request approval in advance, if you do intend to have a day-time visitor. Thank you.
PLEASE no drugs, and no smoking including marijuana. Thank you for smoking outside the house.
Quiet hours are 10:30 pm - 7:30 am.
This includes speaking softly, walking gently, and turning down the volume on all electronic devices. Thank you.
Please expect some sound to travel through the wooden floors.
Please be considerate of our neighbors as well.
There are space heaters in the loft as well as additional blankets/comforters in the wooden chest. Sorry there is no separate thermostat in the loft. We do our best, but it's challenging to heat all the spaces of a large house, including the loft. Thank you for understanding.
Please be mindful when showering (no baths, please) or washing dishes to help conserve water, as California is still recovering from drought.
Be gentle with the curtains, window blinds, window bolts, switches etc.
Turn off lights and appliances, and UNPLUG HEATERS, whenever you leave the unit to avoid a fire hazard.
Be security-conscious. Please secure the windows and doors when ever you leave the unit. You are responsible for your belongings.
Please follow check-in and check-out protocol outlined below.
- Please contact me right away (via Airbnb/text) if you have any issues accessing the unit via the keypad, so I can walk you through the process.
- After you have used the keypad code to enter the loft, please send a message via Airbnb to let me know you have arrived safely.
- Keep the loft unit key with you for the duration of your stay.
- Make sure the doors are secured when ever you leave the house as security is of the utmost importance.
We request all guests (including groups) to leave the place tidy and clean at check-out. If the place is left in an exceptionally dirty condition, we may need to charge an additional cleaning fee.
- Please put used towels in the bathtub.
- Please put trash/recycling/compost in their appropriate receptacles.
- Please leave the place tidy.
- If anything was accidentally damaged, please let us know.
- Check that all appliances are unplugged and lights are turned off.
- Please leave the loft unit key hanging in the door when you leave!
- Make sure to secure the outside entrance door when you leave.
- Please send a message via Airbnb confirming departure.
Thank you for being a great guest :)
Feel free to contact me if you need help with anything.
Please let me know right away if anything needs immediate attention via Airbnb, or text for a quicker response.
Thank you in advance for abiding by the House Rules. We hope you have an enjoyable stay!
* With your booking, you agree that liability for any injury during your stay is hereby waived. In the unlikely event of a liability claim, you agree to file such claim with Airbnb (which provides a liability policy for you with your booking).
I am an artist/scholar, who cherishes the vibrant arts and culture and natural beauty of the Bay Area.
Thank you for contributing to the continued vitality of our home, as well as the arts, by being here.
We look forward to hosting you in our home!